v50 Steam/Premium information for editors
- v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy.
- Use this page to report any issues related to the migration.
This notice may be cached—the current version can be found here.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is about an older version of DF.|
The following video tutorials are great for new players. They are a salvation for many problems nearly everybody has in the beginning.
These very popular videos are done by Captain Duck (YouTube channel, Forum Post)
While being a great effort they are missing out on quite a few important details you might want to read up on here in the wiki instead:
- Why do I want certain stone layers (like sedimentary flux)?
- I want steel? Do I need flux for steel production?
- Whats the point of choosing one home civilization over another?
- Why do I want turtles instead of perch and why is it important not to cook them?
- What's the rope used for? And why might I pick thread instead?
- What are skills versus labor? Why not max them out? (seriously!)
- Why do I not need a proficient Woodcutter?
- Why should I give one dwarf novice skill in appraiser and judge of intent?
- Why is the digging pattern in 'Tutorial part 04' a bad idea? (Well, you can tell that from watching - don't have circular setups or pathing in general that gives your dwarves 2 identical paths to choose from)